About TSIC Government Mentor Program
Telangana State Innovation cell formed under the Department of IT and Innovation policy aims to create an innovation driven economy and foster culture of innovation across the state of Telangana.
The Government Mentor Program is an initiative started by the Telangana State Innovation Cell, inviting applications from startups all over India. It aims at bridging the gap between Government and Startups in the country. Currently, the program has been rolled out for the Hyderabad City Police Department and will further be supported for other departments as well. The program is envisioned to build familiarity with the Government by bringing Government officials from relevant departments to mentor startups. We believe that startups work on unique and innovative solutions that have the potential to completely disrupt the existing processes or services that Government bodies provide. However, they do not have an access to decision-makers within the Government system, as large organisations do.
The goal of the Government Mentor Program is to assist entrepreneurs eyeing Government as a client to establish connects and seek mentorship from relevant Government officials.
- Fill online registration form and select the respective focus area.
- Shortlisting of startups evaluated by an incubator & the Government official.
- Shortlisted startups will make a pitch to an esteemed panel of the Government officials, Incubators, Experts from industry and academia.
- Finalised candidates will go through the intensive 3 months mentorship program.
1.Eligibility To Apply
- Should be incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (under Section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or as a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Should have been incorporated/registered within the last seven years (in the case of startups in the biotechnology and/or social sector, the period shall be up to ten years).
- Shouldn’t have exceeded a turnover of Rs. 25 Cr in any of the financial years since its incorporation/registration.
- Furthermore, startups must have a “minimum viable product” and be ready to demonstrate “proof of concept” (Idea-stage ventures shall not be considered at this point).
- The product generated should be shaping to the Government in some shape and form.
For Hyderabad City Police Department:
- Applications are open from 22nd Jan 2019 till 24th Feb 2019.
- Selected applicants will be notified about their selection for stage 2.
- Shortlisted startups will be invited to the pitch session where they can pitch in their ideas in front of an esteemed panel.
- Selected startups will be on-boarded and mentored for a period of three months.
For Hyderabad City Police Department:
- Traffic Management and Road safety
- Crime prevention and detention, organised crimes.
- Cyber crimes – monitoring, prevention and detection.
- Women safety and security.
- Crime Analysis tools.
- Labelling, Tagging and Tracking of seized properties in Police stations.
- Community Partnership.
- Law & Order
- Non - lethal methods of crowd control.
- Visual profiling techniques and technology.
- Crowd management and planning for major events.
- Special Branch
- Social media monitoring including fake news.
- CAR Hqrs
- Weapon management system.
- Health management system.
- Home Guards Administration.
- Safety & Security in public places including malls.
- Unique Value Proposition.
- Sustainability and Scalability.
- Social Impact.
There exists a communication gap between startups that have potentially disruptive solutions for the Government and decision makers within the Government system. This three months of mentorship program with relevant Senior Government officials will help the startups understand the Government requirements and establish connects, effectively.
Still have any queries?Ask your question
We have great teams from the ecosystem supporting us in this program.